Thessaloniki Pitching Forum: for
Hot Docs Forum (2-3/05/2023, Toronto, Canada): international co-financing event, 20 pitches will present to key international buyers and industry players projects at various levels of
completion seeking international co-production financing. For more information, click here and here FAQs. Contact: Dorota Lech.
coproduction forum: fiction series project. Get a chance to be noticed by co-producers, financiers, commissioners and buyers from around the
world, and be awarded a 50,000€ prize for the best project.
Sunny side of the doc climate change doc project pitch: Award: 3000 EUR + free accreditation to Sunny side of the
M:Brane: European co-productions forum for all genres and platforms aimed at children and a wider youth audience:
- Documentary Producers to submit for the 9th REALYOUNG©
- Producers of VR/Immersive/Dome Content
- Norwegian Producers looking for co-production with Europe to submit within our Focus:Norway
- Non-didactic stories with high artistic standards
- Last Stop Trieste,
work in progress section: for documentary projects in the editing stage, previously developed or presented in one of the partner events: Ex-Oriente Film Workshop, Baltic Sea Docs, ZagrebDox PRO, When
East Meets West... The selected documentaries will be screened physically in Trieste and online in front of international sales agents, festival programmers and TV buyers.
x Main Pitch - For all projects in development, with a producer attached. Submit here
x W-I-P Pitch - For all projects that are in post production or later, with a producer attached. Submit here
x REALYOUNG© Pitch - For documentary projects in development, with a producer attached (Part of our REALYOUNG© workshop).
-> The Best Pitch Award (2500€) goes to the best pitch presentation during the Forum, carefully selected by our jury
Copenhaguen, Danemark): submit projects to this international financing and co-production platform. 35 to 40 selected projects will be invited to present their work to key European and
international financiers, distributors and potential co-producers, take part in tailored one-to-one meetings, and finally get the chance to win the Eurimages Co-Production Development Award of 20.000
EUR. In addition, CPH:WIP will present works in progress in late production or post-production looking for gap financing or distribution.
East Doc Platform (Prague, Czech Republic, 24-30/03/2023): The East Doc Platform is the largest co-production, funding and distribution platform tailor-made for Central and East European
documentaries. Every year, we connect European filmmakers with key decision makers - producers, broadcasters, distributors and festival programmers from all over the world. Submit, for free, your creative feature-length documentaries, factual series and non-fiction VR and transmedia
projects from the CEE region in development, production and post-production.
East Doc Forum: Pitching for Central and East European
creative documentary projects in development or in production stage, including factual series. Participation includes five day-long pitch training and preparation, networking opportunities and
individual meetings with invited decision makers.
East Doc Market: Pre-arranged one-on-one meetings with
decision makers for documentary projects in production and post-production.
FIPADOC (20-28/01/2023, La Rochelle, France):
doc project application by 10/11/2022.
CEE Animation Forum: pitching,
financing and co-production event. This event aims to stimulate the international potential of projects, their visibility and their access to a wider European market. It will be held from November 2
to 4 in a hybrid format in Pilsen (Czech Republic) and online. Application by 28/10/2022.
Market (18-23/02/2023): The call for drama series projects is open. The selection of the Co-Pro series will be announced in January. Producers and
financiers looking for series projects can apply from November to January. 10 drama series projects seeking international co-production and financing partners will be presented at the 9th edition of
the Co-Pro Series Pitch and Networking event, organized by the Berlinale Co-Production Market.
- WCSFP (Glasgow, 28/11/2022-01/12/2022) : Speed
Dating for doc project.
- 2022 Jackson Wild Summit (26-30/09/2022, Austria): convening where collaboration and innovation thrive, ideas are launched, and strategic partnerships are forged.
Cross-discipline conversations on the critical issues facing our planet set the stage for strategic partnerships that happen nowhere else, as participants work together to address critical
conservation and environmental challenges.
Screen Summit takes place from
18-21/07/2022 in Miami, USA for kids content.
AGORA WORKS IN
PROGRESS (6-10/11/2022, Thessaloniki IFF): for docs in pre-production or ready to shoot doc feature films from
Southeastern Europe and the Mediterranean regions to be shown to industry professionals from all over the world in
- CARTOON Springboard: an event
dedicated to young European animation talent will be held in Madrid from 25 to 27 October. It will allow young animation talents to measure the potential of their projects and to know if they are
adapted to the needs of broadcasters and/or distributors. Some of the projects pitched at Cartoon Springboard were subsequently pitched at Cartoon Forum (TV series), Cartoon Movie (feature films) and
Cartoon 360 (crossmedia).
- NEM Zagreb 2022 (7-9/12/2022, Zagreb,
Croatia): TV market relevant for Central and Eastern Europe focused on the creative side of the industry is coming back to Zagreb, gathering successful representatives of FTA and pay-tv channels,
streamers, producers, directors, screenwriters, production companies, agencies, and other content creators under the tagline All about content creation. The event consists of:
ANIMARKT 2022 (5-8/11/2022, Lodz, Poland): stop motion animation project pitching forum.
Ji.hlava New Visions Forum & Market 2022: for European documentary (in a broad sense)
- CINEMED (Montpellier, France, 25-26/10/2022): for Arab independent
filmmakers and producers working on feature-length films project (doc or fiction) dealing with sensitive topics related to social justice or the environment, to meet with professionals from
France and around the globe and build partnerships, collaborations, and co-productions. The filmmaker is a citizen of one of the 22 Arab countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq,
Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, the United Arab Emirates, and Yemen. For further information, please
- MEDIMED DOCS MARKET
DOK Co-Pro Market
CROSSROADS CO-PRODUCTION FORUM (6 -10/11/2022, Thessaloniki IFF): for emerging talents from Southeastern Europe and the Mediterranean regions, for experienced directors and producers as well as first timers.
CineLink Work in Progress, part of CineLink Industry Days, the industry section of the Sarajevo Film
Festival, selects up to 10 post-production projects to be presented exclusively to invited international sales agents, festival programmers, distributors, public funders and post-production companies
during the Sarajevo Film Festival, August 12-19.
market (11-15/10/2022, Roma, Italy): application for Film, Drama Series, or Doc projects.
Co-production Market: for children's projects across the film and television sectors. Submit your children's
film- or series project through this
form, and read the regulations here.
- Eurimages Co-production Development Award for the co-production, distribution, exhibition and digitisation of European
cinematographic works will be handed out. This prize of €20.000 in cash could be used by the award-winner for the development expenses of their project. To be eligible, projects must be aiming for
cinema release and must be designed as a European co-production between at least two member states of the Eurimages Fund for reasons other than purely financial.
- Filmmore Post-Production Award: designed to stimulate collaboration with the Dutch Visual Effects & Post Production lab Filmmore.
Receiving the award, which comes with a €5.000 prize, is an invitation to start a collaboration with Filmmore.
MEDIMED (13-16/10/2022, Sitges (Barcelona), Spain): documentary
Al Jazeera Documentary
industry days @ AJB DOC (Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, 10-12/09/2022): doc project
XVIII Lau Haizetara Documentary Co-production Forum (19-21/09/2022, San Sebastian, Spain): pitch in front of funders and one on one
meetings. IBAIA prize, with 3,000 euros for the winning producer.
Kids Kino Industry JUNIOR COPRODUCTION MARKET: animation project.
Docu Talents from the
East (Sarajevo, 08/2022): Doc project from Central and Eastern Europe.
- DOCBARCELONA (05/2022): rough cut doc artistic consultancy
Market (2-4/09/2022): for international producers looking to complete the financing of their projects (fiction, documentaries, immersive projects), through one-on-one meetings with
professional decision-makers (producers, sales agents, distributors, broadcasters...) The call is open to feature-length fiction, documentary projects and immersive projects.
Conecta Fiction & Entertainment (Toledo, Spain, 21-24/06/2022): pitch forum for ambitious fictions series projects, docu-drama series
and formats with humour elements.
Sunny side of the documentary pitch: documentary project application closed.
SILBERSALZ Science & Media (17-18/2022, Halle, Germany): science film application closed.
DocsBarcelona rough cut pitch, public pitch & speed meetings (17-30/05/2022)
DOK.series Award DOK fest München : doc series projects related to football.
Sheffield DocFest Meet
Market (Sheffield, UK, 23-28/06/2022)/: for documentary project.
- DOT.ON.THE.MAP INDUSTRY DAYS, (14 – 16/04/2022, at the 20th Cyprus Film Days International Festival 2022, in partnership with
Thessaloniki International Film Festival Agora): co-production, training and networking platform that brings producers, directors and scriptwriters from
countries bordering the Mediterranean Sea, from across the three neighbouring continents of Cyprus, together with international film professionals. It provides an opportunity to filmmakers from these
countries to present their new feature film projects and network with international industry professionals. Producers and directors will “pitch” their new
feature film projects to representatives of the international film industry. Following group works and individual meetings, the filmmakers will take steps towards forming future collaborations
between other filmmakers, international producers, financiers, sales agents, broadcasters, distributors, festival and film fund representatives. The
organisers’ vision is the development of this initiative into a dynamic platform for artistic and financial collaborations, which will contribute to the development of the art of filmmaking in Cyprus
and the wider region, serving as a hub for films originating from countries bordering the Mediterranean Sea.
APD (4-6/05/2022, Stuttgart, Germany): animation project application closed.
- MIPDOC Project Pitch: for documentary projects funded up to 25% (Early Stage), or documentaries funded up to 75% (In
Development). Each MIPTV/MIPDOC accredited person can submit up to 3 projects. However, one must first be accredited to make the submission. Free
- The Whickers Film and TV Funding
award: applications until 7/02/2022.
Marktplatz DOK fest München: doc projects in
development. Applications closed.
FORUM (13-17/03/2022, Greece): Submission closed.
- AGORA DOCS IN PROGRESS (13-17/03/2022, Thessaloniki, Greece): Submission
- SERIES MANIA CO-PRO PITCHING SESSIONS (Lille, France, 22-24/03/2022): fiction series in development application closed.
- CEE Animation Forum 2022 (10-12/05/2022), leading regional pitching forum in Central and Eastern Europe
for animation projects in development which can be submitted in 5 categories: Feature Films (minimum 60 minutes, in concept, in development or in production), Series and TV Specials (web and TV
series, minimum 20 minutes, all states of development out of concept), Short Films (maximum 20 minutes, all states of development out of concept), Rising Stars (student films, maximum 20 minutes, all
states of development out of concept), XR Immersive Media (VR, AR, 360 and other immersive formats, in development or in production). Application closed.
Pitch by Sunny side of the doc (online, France, 22-23/02/2022): Call for documentary projects with women voices.
- IBF Classic: submission closed.
- Sunny Side of the Doc, PiXii Festival & IMZ International Music + Media Centre pitch for docs about performing arts (20-23/06/2022, La Rochelle, France): Application closed.
- M:brane 2022: for
European co-productions for all genres and platforms aimed at young audiences age 3-18 years. And includes an invitation to:
- Documentary Producers to submit for the 8th REALYOUNG
- Producers of VR/Immersive/Dome Content
- French Producers looking for co-production with Europe to submit within Focus on
- Submission closed.
- East Doc Platform (26/03 -
1/04/2022, Prague, Czech Republic): Submission of your factual
series, feature length and interactive projects to One World IHRDFF closed.
- The FACTory: AIDC’s international pitching showcase for new
documentary and factual projects including features, singles, and series (limited and returnable) across three strands: Central Showcase, New Talent Showcase, and Rough Cut Showcase. Applications
- FIPADOC International Documentary Projects Pitches Sessions (17-23/01/2022, Biarritz, France): Application closed.
- Gold Panda Sichuan International TV
Festival (16-18/11/2021, China): for pitch forum, documentary submission closed.
CPH:FORUM (28/03-01/04/2022, in a hybrid format): calls for all kinds of documentary projects closed.
- Hong Kong Asia Film Financing Forum (14-16/03/2022, Hong Kong): in-development fictional project (IDP) submission closed.
- Co-Production Program MAUCC 2021 (Costa Rica): film (any) submission for
Central American and Caribbean producers to pitch in front of international coproducers closed.
- Co-Pro Series, Berlinale Co-Production Market (12-16/02/2022): submission of your fiction series project in
- IDFA Producers Conncection without a project: application closed.
- The FACTory by AIDC (TBA): International pitching showcase for new documentary and factual projects. Submission closed.
- Forum RIDM (Montréal, Canada, 13-17/11/2021): Labo rough cut doc submission until 08/10/2021. Talent Lab doc submission until 30/09/2021. First Pitch doc submission
- WCSFP (12/2021, Strasbourg, France): It offers a range of financial support to participate in Congress '21, as well as valuable
meetings and networking opportunities. Applications for Emerging Producers Bursary Program until
IDFA Forum, including the Producers Connection, Forum Pitch, and Rough Cut Presentations, as well as for IDFA DocLab
Forum: submission until 02/08/2021and Docs for
Sale: Film submissions closed.
Copro-Market (Leipzig, Germany): You have a documentary project in development and are looking for
financing, co-production or distribution partners? Doc project submission closed.
Ji.hlava Film Fund 2021: in-kind grants for European producers for visual and sound post-production of documentary and hybrid films at the stage of production
or post-production. Submission closed.
Borders pitching lab “From an Idea to a Project”: Submission closed.
- Tokyo Gap-Financing Market (TGFM,
1-3/11/2021): for up to 20 selected projects in the categories of fiction films, fiction TV series, animated feature films and animated TV series. It aims to support international producers
in securing financing for their projects through one-on-one meetings with professionals from around the globe, including producers, sales agents, distributors, financiers, broadcasters and other
potential funders. Submission closed.
All the invited professionals are decision-makers. In addition, each project will have broad networking.
- East Silver Market
(26-31/10/2021, during the 25th edition of Ji.hlava International Documentary Film Festival): final cut submission closed.
development grant: submission closed.
- MEDIMED (4-8/10/2021, Barcelona, Spain): coproduction forum submissions closed:
1. PITCHING FORUM
- Project should be in advanced development: 25% of the budget already confirmed. If aiming at completion funding, you can already be in
production or post-production.
- A 3 minutes trailer with English subtitles is compulsory.
- Provide proof of the confirmed participation of at least one partner: broadcaster, distributor, supporting fund, foundation.
2. ANTI PITCH
- Offers the opportunity to present your rough cut to a selection of TV buyers, distributors, sales agents and festival programmers. A
minimum of 75% of your material must be shot. You will have 60 minutes to discuss the pitfalls of the project in the current stage of the editing with top industry experts before the final cut.
3. SPEEDY PITCH
- Projects can be in all stages of production. There are no restrictions regarding the amount of financing already in
- MIA MARKET coproduction
market and pitch forum: drama series, documentary and feature film looking for the right financial partners, co-production deals or pre-sales, submission
- Junior Co-production Market: children's projects submission to meet financiers, and broadcasters for productions in
- IDF West Lake International Documentary
Festival, (China, 22/10/21– 25/10/21): film project (with Chinese dimension) submission closed.
- Bridging the Dragon (13/07/2021, China): submission for one on one meetings closed.
- IBF classic (IDFA Bertha Fund): documentary filmmakers applications
Science & Media Pitch (17-18/09/2021, Halle, Germany): science documentary project in development submission closed.
- Cinekid Junior Co-production Market (19-22/10/2021): kids film projects submission closed.
- FIPADOC COPRODUCTION DATING: closed.
- MUSIC SERIES PITCH CONECTA
FICTION (28-30/06/2021 and 13-17/09/2021, Pamplona, Navarra, Spain): music fiction series submission closed.
- CARTOON, 20-23/09/2021, Toulouse, France: animation submission closed.
- Series Mania Forum COPRO
PITCHING SESSION (30/08-01/09/2021, Lille, France): fiction series project
Copro Series, at Conecta Fiction (28-30/06/2021): fiction series project submission closed.
- Les B.A de Série Series (30/06-2/07/2021, Fontainebleau, France) : fiction series project submission
closed (Award until 75 000€).
- Docs in Progress, , Thessalonique International Film Festival, Greece (28-30/06/2021): doc film submission closed.
- Pitch of the
Sunny Side of the Doc (21-24/06/2021, La Rochelle, France): documentary project (wildlife, global issues, arts & culture, science, history, submission
- TFL Co-Production
Fund: feature length film (fiction, animation, documentary) submission closed.
- IBF Europe: International Co-production: submission closed.
- DocsBarcelona (18-30/05/2021) : documentary
project submission closed for a pitch and one one one meetings with coproducers and financing partners and several financial awards.
- CINEMA FOR CHANGE (7-8/04/2021): European film projects about sustainibility submission closed for coproduction and financiers event.
- Sheffield Doc/Fest Arts
Talent Market: project submission closed.
- Trickstar Business Award (7 500 EUR): animation project that has an innovative business concept submission closed.
- Co-Production and Financing Market of Animation Production Days (4-7/05/2021, Stuttgart, Germany): animation project submission closed for one one one meetings with coproducers and financing
- MeetMarket (9-11/06/2021, Sheffield Doc Fest,
UK): documentary project application closed for one on one meetings with industry decision makers.
Mifa (15-18-06/2021, Annecy, France): animation film application closed.
- DOK.fest (5-16/05/2021, Munich, Germany): film project submission for one on one copro meetings closed.
- The Whickers Film & TV
Funding Award: documentary project submission closed.
- Online Hot Docs Forum (04-05/05/2021, Toronto, Canada): film projects submission to be pitched to a roundtable of international decision
- Online Hot Docs Deal Maker (May 2021, Toronto,
Canada): film projects submission until 4/01/2021 for one-on-one