Feel free to submit your film project to:
- GZDOC (14-17/12/2020, Guangzhou, China): Film project submission until 30/09/2020 for one-on-one meetings with decision makers and pitching forum participation.
- Catapult Film Fund: film project submission until 1/12/2020.
- FIPADOC (18-24-01/2021, Biarritz, France): documentary project submissions from Czech Republic, Slovak, Poland and Hungary for the International Coproduction Forum and Pitch Forum to be sent for free to firstname.lastname@example.org until 15/10/2020. The film entry for projects from other countries is 40 EUR.
- Rose d'or AWARD (29/11/2020, London, UK): film submission until 30/09/2020.
- Edinburgh TV Festival (26-28/08/2020, UK): one on one speed meetings with decision makers are organised for pass holders.
- EURIMAGES: feature length coproduced film project submission until 25/08/2020 and 20/10/2020.
- Les Arcs Film Festival, le village des coproductions (12-15/10/2020, Les Arcs, France): min. 70' film project submission for one on one meetings until 07/09/2020.
- Emerging Producers Bursary Program (online WCSFP, 8-10/12/2020): application for a range of financial support for this year's event, as well as meetings and networking opportunities by 4/09/2020.
- ARD Call for proposal for documentary project until 10/08/2020.
- East Doc Series (7-8/09/2020, at Baltic Sea Docs, then 6-12/03/2021, at East Doc Platform in Prague, while the final session will take place on 21–24/06/2021 at Sunny Side of the Doc in La Rochelle): documentary series project submission until 10/08/2020.
- IDFA Forum (22-25/11/2020, Amsterdam, the Netherlands): film project submission for public and one on one pitching until 01/08/2020.
- 2020 AAAS Kavli Science Journalism Awards: application for a grant by 01/08/2020.
- DOK Co-Pro Market (26-27/10/2020): projects of feature-length documentaries, interactive works and series that contain creative documentary elements can be submitted until 01/08/2021.
- MEDIMED Industry Market, (8-11/10/2020, Sitges, Spain): film project submission until 31/07/2020.
- East Silver Market (27/10-1/11/2020, Jihlava, Czech Republic): rough cuts from Central and Eastern European coutries until 31/07/2020.
- IDF (17– 19/10/2020, Hanzhou, China): film project submission for pitching until 30/07/2020.
- HOT DOCS TED ROGERS FUND: film submission for Canadian producers until 29/07/2020.
- MIA Doc Pitching Forum (14-18/10/2020, Rome, Italy): film project submission for pitch forum until 26/07/2020.
- Busan International Film Festival (7-16/10/2020, Corea): feature film submission until 22/07/2020.
- DOHA Film Institute: film project submission for a grant until 07/07/2020.
- Chicken & Egg Pictures NY (supporting women filmmakers), egg(ce)lerator Lab: film project submission for a grant closed.
- World Congress of Science & Factual Producers (7-10/12/2020, Strasbourg, France): registration to the event from 01/06/2020. Speed dating with decision makers take place in the framework of this key international congress.
- Nordic Co-Production and Finance Market (18-21/08/2020, Haugesund, Norway): cinema film project submission closed.
- Coproduction Forum Europe-Latin America (20-23/09/2020, San Sebastian, Spain): film projects (related to Latin America) submission closed to take part in one on one meetings with decision makers.
- Sundance Film Institute: submission for a grant closed.
- DOCMONTEVIDEO (20/07/2020): coproduction market, film submission closed.
- IDFA Bertha Fund Classic: documentary filmmakers from Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East, and Eastern Europe can apply for a grant of up to €17,500 closed.
- DOCMONTEVIDEO (27-29/07/2020) : film submission for one on one meetings with buyers closed.
- Baltic Sea Docs (1-6/09/2020, Riga, Latvia): film submission for training and public pitch closed.
- The Redford Center Call for proposals for documentary project grants, submissions closed.
- online Rendez-vous de la coproduction rhénane (1-2/07/2020, Strasbourg, France): film looking for a coproducer in Germany, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Belgium and France, submission closed.
- CrossCurrents Doc Funds: feature length inclusive documentary project submission closed.
- Venice Gap-Financing Market (4-6/09/2020, Italy): Film project submission closed for one-on-one meetings with decision makers.
- Docu Talents (16/08/2020, Sarajevo, Bosnia): Film project submission closed for pitching forum participation and one-on-one meetings with decision makers.
- Sunny Side of the Doc (22-25/06/2020, La Rochelle, France): Film project submission closed for pre-registered online pitch and one on one meetings with decision makers.
- Tribeca Film Institute: submissions closed.
All year long submissions:
CAAM documentary fund: production or post-production funding to independent producers for national public television. Awards typically range between $15,000 and $50,000.
Impact Partners Film: dedicated to funding independent documentary storytelling that entertains audiences, engages with pressing social issues, and propels the art of cinema forward.
The Sanbox Fund: offers grants for films exploring the link between science and culture through innovative storytelling. It is administered by the Sundance Institute Documentary Fund, in collaboration with Sandbox Films.
Catapult Film Fund: development funding, up to $20,000, to documentary filmmakers who have a strong story to tell, at the early stage for a broad spectrum of subject matter.